free html5 templates

The SPC Heritage Center


The SPC Heritage Center creatively retells the story of the Sisters of St. Paul of Chartres, from the Congregation's humble beginnings in France, to its growth and expansion as an international community, and its taking root in Philippine soil.

Artifiacts and memorabilia drawn from various missions and historical periods are on display. These make evident the spirit and charism of the Sisters as expressed in their multifaceted life and work through the years. 

Mobirise

The Structure

The center’s architectural design incorporates the images and symbols significant to the Sisters of St. Paul of Chartres: Levesville Church, the Cradle (Le Berceau), the Presbytery, and the windmill, among others. The presentation design uses a variety of materials and forms reminiscent of history and representative of the best in French and Philippine art and craft.


The Atrium 

presents a 20-foot baroto and a tableau of the arrival of the seven pioneer missionary Sisters in Dumaguete, Negros Oriental on October 29, 1904, dramatizing the most historic moment in the founding of the Philippine Province.

Mobirise
Mobirise

Sala One

The first sala provides a gist of the beginnings of the Sisters of St. Paul of Chartres. A life-size statue of Fr. Louis Chauvet, founder of the congregation, welcomes visitors to the area. A curved wall mural, an interactive light and sound model of the village of Levesville, a scaled model of the Chartres Cathedral, and memorabilia of the community's early history portray life in 17th century France and essay the role played by the Sisters in the Church vis-a-vis the conditions of the European peasantry.

Mobirise




Sala Two

The second sala explores the Congregation's expansion outside of France. Against the arcade of the Mother House in Chartres are visual representations of historical events - the early missions, the French Revolution, the dissolution and eventual reconstitution of the community by Napoleon Bonaparte, the Secularization Movement - all of which left an indelible imprint on the Congregation's history. The emblematic artifacts from the different provinces, regions and districts bear witness to the global reach of the Congregation. 

Mobirise

Sala Three

In the third sala, an interactive Philippine map illustrates the vast network of the Philippine Province. Memorabilia of the first houses attest to the Christocentric Paschal character of the Sisters' life in the early foundations. Other significant artifacts related to the life and mission of the Sisters are displayed.

Sets of memorabilia on the SPC MINISTRIES - teaching, healing and pastoral caring - demonstrate the breadth and depth of the Province' service and involvement in the apostolic mission of the Church in the Philippines and throughout the world.  This section also features the special services to the greater Church, and works of the Sisters and their impact on their mission communities.

Mobirise

The exhibit portrays the various stages of THE SISTERS IN FORMATION as they grow and live out their religious consecration in the Church as an apostolic fraternal community.

In the HOLOGRAM, two Sisters recount the Lord's constancy in their Congregation's journey through history and affirm the Province's commitment and continuing response to love and serve with the heart of Christ.


Discern your vocation with us

Mobirise
Address

Our Lady of Chartres Convent
203 Provincial Road,
Antipolo City, 1870

Contacts

Email: spcphil@gmail.com              
Phone: +63 (02) 8658-7505
              +63 (02) 8658-7506